Event 3 of a 3 part event on Making Calgary a Social Enterprise City on February 12 & 13, 2018
Tues Feb 13 6:30-8:30PM
*Finance 101 for Impact Entrepreneurship*
Does this sound familiar?
• You’re an impact entrepreneur. You’re spending more time and effort than you can really afford and attending conferences and accelerator events searching everywhere for investors. All the while, trying to run and scale a social enterprise at the same time!
• Maybe you’re a mentor, advisor, or investor finding that the entrepreneurs you’re meeting are not quite as investment ready as you expected and not really equipped to benefit from your deep expertise.
• Impact investing is something you have heard or, or are interested in, but you’re wondering it really means.
“Ideas + Talent + Capital = Success. If you have two, of the three, you should be able to attract the third” Gary Ellis Let’s start with the third!
At this interactive workshop, capital-raising expert and founder of Spring Activator, Keith Ippel, will engage the audience in interactive conversations about:
• Investment-seeking process
• Qualities of an ideal investor
• Knowing when, where and how to raise
• Common myths about capital raising
Through real-life anecdotes that demonstrate today’s reality of financing your startup, learn about strategies and approaches for building long-term relationships between the right entrepreneurs and the right investors for social ventures.
• Finance 101 Ideas+ Talent + Capital = Success. 2/3 is compelling Attend Feb 13 630-830PM @coworkyyc register bit.ly/2Fmnk4d
@INTONOVUSCanada @KeithIppel @Spring_is