Making it Right ~ Relations Art Festival
a bridge-building event
which uses art as the medium to create relationships between Indigenous and non-indigenous communities in Calgary.
This festival is an interactive art experience!
•Participate in live drumming with Randy TurningRobe
• Performances by Ryan Jason Allen Willert
• Auction of iconic painting «Sunset Song», print donated by Kalum Teke Dan
• Indulge in delicious foods with Aahksoyo'p Indigenous Comfort Food
• Colouring it Forward 3rd book launch with Diana Frost — celebrates Cree artwork and wisdom with Elder John Sinclair and artists Delree Dumont & Sam Bighetty
• «The Jig is Up» podcast is LIVE with Darcy Robinson and Jason Kerr in a live panel d...iscussion «Decolonizing the Arts»
• Hands-on classes for all ages including
— Metis sash finger weaving with Chantal Stormsong Chagnon
— Children’s storytelling and rock painting with Chantal Stormsong Chagnon
— Weave your own dreamcatcher with Jeanien Cooper Bell
— Create your own medicine bag and discover its teachings with Kodiak Herbal
— Hoop dancing introduction with Jessica McMann
• Youth Live Art Experience encourages youth to express their creativity
• Everyone can grab a paintbrush and join in on a collaborative painting
• And so much more!
Learn about how You can become involved with Right Relations Teams and be part of planning events all year long
Door prizes — Art Auctions — Community Connections